Monday, October 22, 2012

Insurance coverage...

I have needed to update on this for several days now but am just now getting to it. While waiting to hear back from the Birthing Center in OKC, I decided to call my insurance company and see what our coverage is for it. It's considered "out of network" and instead of our $350 deductible and then 90% coverage it would be a $3500 deductible and 60% coverage after that. That is a HUGE difference and so it seems I am back to the drawing board.

I have been suggested a particular doctor at OU hospital up in the city who is highly recommended by the doulas in that area so that's my next call. I have a check up with my current OB in the morning to see what he says about everything that's been going on. I had another spell of sharp pains and contractions last week and he was out of town so they put me out of work for a week and to follow up with him as soon as he is back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment