Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back on the hunt

Now that I've had time to settle from all the events last week with the contractions it's time to get back to looking into all of my options for this birth. Yesterday I  met with a wonderful local Doula named Jasmine. She had spoken with other colleges of hers about the possibility of a vbac and the chances of it happening here in Lawton aren't great because of Southwestern's policies. If we were military, Reynolds would be a great option that would be much more supportive but I dont have that option. She suggested I look into the options closer to Oklahoma City and the birthing center up there as well, Heaven Sent. I tried to get information on their website last night but it wasn't working completely. It loaded up and had the link options on the left, but clicking on them didn't load anything.

So far today, Jasmine suggested a friend of hers up near the city to call that is a doula. She is really experienced and would be able to offer me a lot of great advice on what my options would be in that area. I called her and she will be in the office tomorrow. I also tried calling Heaven Sent today to get information and left a message so I'm hoping to hear something back from them to find out  more about how the birthing center works.

No comments:

Post a Comment